To find out more about cookies, click here
This message will only appear the first time you enter this website.
Pharmacy Opening Hours - Easter Period 2015
View the attached PDF file to find a list of all pharmacy opening hours over the Easter period
Pharmacy Opening Hours
Order a repeat prescription
New law on driving having taken certain drugs
Through various media outlets, you may have heard about a new law that has come into place regarding driving whilst taking certain drugs.
If you are concerned this may affect you, read the document provided below, which should answer any questions you may have.
Drug Driving Law
Important information about all medicines containing Tramadol.
There have been some important changes to the way we prescribe any medication containing Tramadol. Please read the PDF document below to find out about these changes.
- Unless housebound, you cannot order a repeat prescription over the phone
- Patients on a regular medication will require repeat prescriptions
- For a safer and speedier service, repeat prescriptions are now computerised. Your doctor will have entered onto the computer what medication you are taking and each time a new prescription is written by the computer, a new request form is also generated for you to make your next request.
- Repeat prescriptions have to be reviewed regularly, at least once a year by a doctor. You will be notified when you need see the doctor by the computer when you need to book an appointment. Make sure to book well in advance.
- Please allow two working days (48 hours) for your prescription to be processed. Request and Collection should be between Monday to Friday, 8.30AM - 11:30AM and 3:00PM - 5:30PM. (Not Saturday mornings or Wednesday Afternoons).
- If you have more than one repeat prescription, please try and order all your items together. Internet or Faxed requests are also accepted.
- The West Hallam surgery has a dispensary for patients who reside in that area. For these patients the prescription can be prepared and made ready for collection directly from the surgery, allowing 48 hours for the prescription to be processed.
- You can either deliver or post your repeat prescription form to the surgery. If you wish for the prescription to be posted to your home address, please enclose a stamped addressed envelope. There is a special box at the reception where you can leave your prescription request without the need to queue. Inline with most other surgeries, we do not accept prescription requests over the telephone.
- Please plan your requirements ahead, particularly during school holidays.
↑ Scroll to Top