Access my Medical Records
To find out more about cookies, click here
This message will only appear the first time you enter this website.
The following explains how to request access to or copies of your medical records:
- Place all requests in writing, if you can give some idea as to why you have made the request, this will help the GP find the relevant information.
- Complete one of our consent forms, (this is a legal requirement and MUST be done by the person whose medical records are being requested). The only exceptions to this rule is if the records are for a child then their legal guardian may sign, or a patient is mentally or physically unable to sign then the person that as the legal right to do so may sign on their behalf.
- Hand your request and consent form into Reception (not to a Doctor in an appointment) this is so the progress can be tracked.
- Your request will be considered and you will be advised in writing of the decision within 21 days. There is no facility for immediate access.
- There will be a fee for access and copies of notes if required; this will range from £10 to £50 depending on size of notes or amount of information.
- Payment due on collection.
- If you wish to view your records this is usually done in the presence of a medically trained person who will be able to explain medical terminology and abbreviations, to do this please contact the surgery to arrange a suitable time, this will not be done in surgery time and the fee for access will be £10
↑ Scroll to Top